Email : [email protected]

Spousal and Fiancee UK Visa Application Services from First Precedent

Spousal and Fiancee UK Visa Services from First Precedent

Fiancée visa

Entry clearance is the procedure used by Entry Clearance Officers (ECOs) at British missions overseas to check eligibility, before a person is allowed to enter the UK, if that person qualifies under the Immigration Rules.   In some cases particulary under the Immigration Rules entry clearance is mandatory.  In all cases, the authority to admit someone to the UK ultimately rests with the Immigration Officer (IO) at the port of entry.

Applicants are also required to submit biometric information as part of the application process and pay the correct a fee which is listed on the Home Office website.

The UK’s immigration control is based  on the Immigration Act 1971 amended by subsequent immigration and asylum acts; and the Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules (the Rules) provided for in Section 3 (2) of the 1971 Act.

Entry clearance for fiancée & proposed civil partners

Whether you are applying for settlement in the form of fiancée, spousal, civil partnership, or unmarried partner an application for entry clearance must be made.   They must be seeking entry to the UK to enable their marriage or civil partnership to take place within 6 months of arriving in the UK.  The partner in the UK must either be a British Citizen settled status or have been granted humanitarian protection for example refugee status.   


Is Entry Clearance compulsory for everyone?

It is not compulsory for everybody; some people (non-visa nationals) are able to travel to the UK and make their immigration application on arrival to a border force officer at the port of entry, provided their intended stay is for six months or less. However, most immigration routes now require entry clearance regardless of the applicant’s nationality and some people for whom entry clearance is not compulsory still choose to apply for it.

Where can I make an application for entry clearance?

You will need to go online and create an account for Visa4UK and sign into that account. In almost all countries, applicants must apply online. The only exception is North Korea.   

Does it matter what location the application for entry clearance is made?

They cannot apply from within the UK. The application is made on line.  Arrangements will need to be made to ensure all documents are submitted to the relevant visa application centre.  

The application form must be printed online and the application submitted with their passport and supporting documents, this is usually when they attend the visa application centre to give biometrics and, in many cases, although this happens less frequently to attend an interview. Most applicants pay the application fee online, but in some countries they pay the fee when they attend the visa application centre. Applicants usually select a date and time at which they would like to attend a visa application centre as part of the online application process.

Will my partner be required to take an approved English language test?

If they have an academic qualification, in English they will not need to take the test. Provided the qualification is recognized by UK Naric and equivalent to UK bachelor degree or higher. If not they will need to pass an approved English language test with at least a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening. The test is not required by children or adults coming to the UK to be cared for by a relative.

How can First Precedent & Visa service help in submitting an application for a fiancée/ civil partnership?

We understand how difficult and stressful the immigration process can be for our clients, looking to make these types of application. This is why we manage these applications with care and sensitivity.  Some clients may simply be overwhelmed by the sheer complexity of documents required. Some may have been refused in the past and not sure whether all the information is in place.  It is fundamental to have a sound knowledge of the various appendix and immigration rules. Navigating the various appendixes is never easy. We have been doing this for years. Just one error or oversight may result in an application being refused, and loss of fees, which can prove costly.

We have helped numerous clients achieve a successful application.   At First Precedent & Visa Service we offer two levels of service from providing a checking service to taking over the whole application process from start to finish. Our rates are also competitive. We have helped numerous clients’ achieve a successful outcome.  We do the leg work and research, online application and prepare supporting documents so you don’t have to.  You can use the time instead planning your wedding/ civil partnership.

With over 20 years’ combined immigration experience our Immigration Advisers have established a brand our clients can trust, we have gained a solid reputation through our pursuit of excellence, integrity and always putting the client first.

Immigration law is constantly changing, as a result, Home Office refusals are at an all time high in the UK, however our success rate is unperturbed by the changes, we consistently achieve positive outcomes for our clients.  Don’t leave your loved one’s application to chance. Leave it to the professionals. First Precedent & Visas Services offers a fully regulated service to level 3, the highest level in immigration services. Give us a call and let us know how we can help you.

If  have any queries about our Civil Partner or Spousal Visa application, or any other application process please call on (+44) 0208 7691750, or for out of office hours enquires please send us an email to: [email protected] and we will send a timely response the next working day.